Do you use YouTube videos to engage your students, and wish that they had a safe way to access those videos at school? The district now has a site available on our network where you can upload YouTube videos and allow students to access them. (Students cannot access this internal video site from home.) Here’s how:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Type ‘videos’ into the Address Bar – this will take you right to the Educational Video Library
- Click Login in upper right hand corner (with your WDP username/password)
- Click Submit a video in upper right hand corner
- Enter the URL (web address) of the YouTube video. (Please make sure you’ve previewed the ENTIRE video before uploading.)
- Add the category and the tags (I suggest using your last name and the grade you teach as a tag. Be sure to separate each tag with a comma.)
- Use the tag cloud at the bottom of the Video Library to find all of the videos you posted, or explore other videos.
- Click Submit Video – and you are done!
Did you know? More video was uploaded to YouTube in the last 2 months than if ABC, NBC, and CBS had been airing new content 24/7/365 since 1948. Learn more interesting statistics from “Did You Know 4” –